04 Mar Selling Your Home? Increase ROI With Custom Closets
Your Next Home Renovation Project Should Be Your Closet
When you’re tackling your next renovation project to increase your home’s value, don’t overlook your closets. Not only do custom closets make these spaces more usable and easier to organize, but they also make the house more appealing to Nashville’s new home buyers.
Will Custom Closets Really Make That Much Difference in My Home’s Resale Value?
Yes! Surprisingly, custom closets can give you as much as a 100% return on investment. In a market as competitive as Nashville, custom closets can set your home apart from the rest. This means your custom closets will help your home sell faster. If you renovate the closets in several rooms, that can add a lot of value to your home, especially if you’ve added custom, walk-in closets in the bedrooms. Whereas homebuyers won’t always opt for the expenses of luxury bathrooms or stainless steel kitchens, cleverly-designed closet space is a huge benefit, and people are willing to pay for it.
What if I Have a Small Home?
When it comes to custom closets, you might think they’re not an appropriate upgrade for the more compact residences. However, buyers in the market for a cozy, new pad want clean, organized spaces just like anyone else. The smaller the home, the more impact custom storage will have because space is at a premium and needs to be used efficiently. Adding custom closets to a smaller home increases appeal and usability, no matter the square footage.
What Are the Practical Selling Points of Custom Closets?
In addition to an ROI of 100%, keep in mind that:
- Not everyone cooks in the kitchen every day, but everyone needs to get dressed daily, to say nothing of being able to find clothing and accessories easily.
- Closets are the highest demand spaces in your home. Not only do people need them for their wardrobes, but they need places to “stash” a wide variety of things — and they need to do it in a way that allows them to find stuff on demand. Custom closets can organize items in a way that the old-time, basic shelves and rods can’t.
- Custom closets give a home that “move-in ready” quality. Instead of being an afterthought, they’re the professional organizing systems of a well-maintained home.
- Adding closets to offices or dens adds another bedroom. Providing new or upgraded bathroom closets makes those rooms so much more functional, especially in older homes where closets tend to be compact or nonexistent.
- Custom closets that keep up with trends add instant buyer appeal. Those that come equipped with ironing boards, pull out bins and drawers, or have his-and-hers sections will be massive selling points.
Why Closets Aren’t Just “Nice to Have” Anymore
There’s a reason some people say they only wear about 20% of the clothes in their closet. They can’t see or find the other 80%! Having closets which are cramped, or that aren’t designed with the four seasons in mind, means clothing is crammed into every available space, leaving no room for organization and making it a daily challenge to find anything. Custom closets bring order and aesthetics to this vital area of your home. Savvy homebuyers know this, which is why you’ll get your money back and then some. Instead of leaving the closets in your home as “fix-up” areas, you’ll have invested in setting these spaces apart with careful planning and design.
Whether you’re preparing to put your home on the market, or simply want to have an organized space that makes you look forward to getting ready each morning, you can trust the experts at The Closet Company. Reach out to us today.